Get involved in our work (PPI)
Welcome and thanks for dropping by
We value all the help and support we get from our public contributors.
You can get involved with as little or as much as you would like either as a member of the public, a patient or carer for someone, or maybe you are supported in social care (sometimes called being a service user).
Your input helps us to design better research, address the health and care issues that matter in our communities and provide valuable support to our research teams.
The NHS, Universities and Councils often use jargon and short-hand as a way of describing things. Having people with different experience can help break down barriers in language.
Working with us you will have all the support and encouragement you need in what can sometimes feel like an unfamiliar environment. We also cover costs of your time in many cases so that you are able to take part.
We need you to help us do our best
Public and patient support in research
Hazel and Phillip got involved in helping to design research into long term conditions/illness. This is what they had to say after the meeting.
Our Commitments to the Public
- We will use a variety of ways to seek the views and insights of patients and the public, and work to ensure that the diversity of people giving their views reflects the diversity of the local population.
- We will provide information that is clear, jargon free and accessible.
- We will ensure people are adequately supported in their involvement role.
- We will make sure there are no financial implications for people’s involvement.
- We will involve people in a way that is open, honest and meaningful, being clear about what decisions they can and cannot influence.
- We will act on the views we have sought, and feedback to those who gave them on what we did, working in partnership with patients and the public to improve the quality and relevance of our research.
Click here to see website