Clinical Academic Research Careers Advisory Service
- Do you want to take a first step into an academic research career as a nurse or midwife?
- Do you want a role where you can continue to work clinically as well as pursue your own academic work?
- If you have already started your clinical academic career would you like the opportunity to explore how to make your next move along the clinical academic career pathway?
- Would knowing how to apply for and increase your chances of successfully securing NIHR research fellowship funding help?
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Nursing and Midwifery Incubator, in partnership with the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS), is pleased to announce the launch of a virtual careers advisory service to support nurses and midwives to start and advance their clinical academic research careers.
Following an initial trial in 3 RDS regions, the service will now be piloted in all RDS regions in England and supported by advisors in the North West, East Midlands and the South East. The pilot service will run over the next 4 months to learn how best to offer this service and make a decision if it merits national roll out.
The service is available from the 14th June to the 30th September and can be accessed by completing an online enquiry form. Your enquiry will be reviewed by an experienced advisor who will then arrange an online appointment, so you access information and advice.
To find out more about the RDS in your region, see:
- www.nihr.ac.uk/explore-nihr/support/research-design-service.htm and click on the ‘contact your local RDS’ button
Read how Anna moved into research
This Incubator is supported by the National Institute for Health Research. The views expressed on this website/webpage are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care