Ageing and Dementia
Older people often have several healthcare conditions resulting in a considerable workload to manage their health and multiple appointments with different healthcare teams. We aim to evaluate a range of new care pathways and models of care for people with complex health needs, and ways to increase their opportunity for involvement in treatment and care decisions
- NIHR Invention for innovation (i4i) Product Development Awards (PDA). (C Kipps, A Prosser in collaboration with Oxford Brain Diagnostics, University of Oxford and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board) December 2020 £772,301 to Wessex, total grant award £1.03m). NIHR202146: Cortical Disarray Measurement- A novel and promising tool to predict progression amongst patients presenting with mild cognitive impairment
- Kipps C et al. 2021 Health Foundation £50,000 (Health Economic Analysis and Value of Clinic Consultations)
- Kipps C et al. 2020 NHS-X £500,000 MyMR Neuro combined regional pathway development
- Jackie Bridges-: £45,000 from NHS Improvement to test the feasibility of Creating Learning Environments in Compassionate Care in mental health settings
- Hope J, Bridges J, Brannelly T, Collins P, Bazzini S, Lambert F (2020) - £3995 awarded from University of Southampton Public Engagement with Research Development for Good care for me is…..
Articles - See general publications
British Geriatrics Society national Conference November 2019 - University of Southampton medical Student Sophie Baron won the prize for Best Oral Presentation (She also won the 2019 prize for Faculty of Medicine best Ageing Research in BM Research Project) for her study
- "Relocation in Care Homes (RICH study): the experience of different stakeholders "
University of Southampton medical student Tania Kim won the 2020 prize for Faculty of Medicine best Ageing Research in BM Research Project for her study
- "comparison of frailty screening tools in patients aged 65+ with an upper limb fracture: a pilot study "